Thursday, April 14, 2016

14/04/2016: The unique qualities enjoyed by Latin American and Caribbean aquaculture

https://issuu.com/international_aquafeed/docs/iaf1602_w1/4
Image: leiris202
First published in International Aquafeed, March-April 2016

First of all, I would like to extend my warmest regards to all the readers of International Aquafeed magazine. For me it is an honour and a privilege to start writing the editorial of the Spanish version on this prestigious magazine. I would like to sincerely thank Roger Gilbert for the invitation and Simon Davies for the warm welcome to the team.

As we all know, formulated feed is one of the key factors for aquaculture development, and the Latin American and Caribbean region has particular qualities that differentiate it from other regions in the globe; particularities that we will discuss in the next issues of this magazine.

Latin America and the Caribbean is, from my viewpoint, the region with the largest aquaculture potential in the world. Our region has unique conditions that make it the ideal place to perform many kinds of aquaculture; although, it also faces great challenges in topics such as inequality, poverty, infrastructure, governability, insecurity, competitiveness and capacity building.

During my career I have had the opportunity to experiment aquaculture through the producer, government, academic, and service provider perspectives; as well as I have represented the aquaculture sector in several international arenas.

I hope that during the next issues of International Aquafeed I could share what I learned and perceived through those years as well as comment the most relevant regional and global events that directly or indirectly impact the aquaculture activity.

Read the full article in International Aquafeed HERE
 

The Aquaculturists
This blog is maintained by The Aquaculturists staff and is supported by the
magazine International Aquafeed which is published by
Perendale Publishers Ltd

For additional daily news from aquaculture around the world: aquaculture-news

No comments:

Post a Comment